One Airport Square with Natural Ventilation
One Airport Square is a world-class development situated in Accra’s newest commercial and retail area. The building comprises nine floors of office space and 2,000 sq m of retail space. This ultra-modern, eco-friendly building is Ghana’s most advanced development. It will be the first green commercial building in West Africa.
Design Features of the building are:
• First environmentally certified commercial building in Ghana
• Target Four Green Star Environmental certification
• Between 30-40 % reductions in energy use
• Use of natural light and natural ventilation
• Sun pattern driven building orientation to minimize solar exposure and energy requirements for cooling
• Automatic presence detectors and high efficiency lighting
• Overhangs optimized to provide shading from intensive solar radiation, reducing energy requirements for cooling
• High level of indoor air quality via increased ventilation rates
• Heat recovery through the centralized fresh air supply system
A high performance façade combined with an efficient system of cooling ensures that the design parameters are achieved and that comfort maintained with efficient use of energy.