Shyam Maller, Executive Vice President - Sales, Marketing & Aftermarket, Eicher
The Eicher reefer trucks are India’s first highly fuel efficient Pro reefer truck series with best in class Vehicle Lifetime profitability and easy aftermarket support & warranty informs Shyam Maller, Executive Vice President - Sales, Marketing & Aftermarket, Eicher in an interaction with Cooling India…
Please take us through on your reefer truck and container business.
With the ambition of strengthening our presence in the cold chain logistics segment, Eicher Trucks & Buses introduced next generation series of reefer trucks in the Pro 1000 and Pro 6000 category, which are amongst the most profitable products from the Eicher Pro range. These include - introduction of Pro 1059XP reefer, Pro1110XP reefer & Pro6025 reefer. With the launch of this series, Eicher is already providing fully built and ready to use solutions for cold chain logistics.
Eicher Pro refrigerated trucks are designed to keep the products fresh and can be used for varied applications. They have the highest rated payload in this category, robust and rugged aggregates that ensure high reliability, durability and cabin with superior driving comfort, while retaining best in class fuel efficiency, vehicle lifetime profitability & easy aftermarket support & warranty. Aptly known as the ‘Mileage Ka Badshah’, the Eicher Pro 1000 reefer series ensures high profitability and prosperity for its owner, with the benefits of earning from day one of the purchase. In this category, Eicher has Pro 1059XP reefer truck (7.2T GVW) and Pro 1110XP reefer truck (13T GVW). There is also the Eicher Pro 6000 reefer series, that includes Pro 6025 Reefer truck (25T GVW).
What are USPs of Eicher reefer containers?
The Eicher reefer trucks are India’s first highly fuel efficient Pro reefer truck series with best in class vehicle lifetime profitability and easy aftermarket support & warranty.
Following are its key USPs:
• Light weight container: Safest & most functional 125mm PUF insulated container body for frozen & chilled products
• Longer temperature retention: Can carry between the temperature range of -25°C to +25°C at a high ambient temperature of +50°C
• Efficient oasis 250 reefer unit, renowned Surakasha P containers
• LED lamps inside the container for better visibility
• Foldable ladder for easy entry inside the container
• Drain pipe for easy drainage
• Service window on container door for better loading without losing the temperature
• Separate fuel tank for refrigeration unit – 60 litres, first in the industry
Easy aftermarket support and warranty
One stop warranty & service solution: 2 year warranty on reefer unit & 3 year warranty on reefer container
Easy Finance on completely built unit
Single Invoice and Easy finance on complete truck
Best in Class Vehicle lifetime Profitability
• Additional 12V battery for reefer unit operation & standby electric supply connector (Dual power mode)
• Low pull down time
OEM tested and OEM build quality
• ARAI regulated container from ISO certified vendor
What according to you are the key growth-drivers for the reefer segment?
• Improvement in road infrastructure and network will allow free movement of goods
• GST will smoothen logistics and overall transportation across the country leading to seamless and rapid movement of goods from the place of produce to the point of consumption (the classic “farm to fork” concept) with minimal wastage.
• Technological advancements to improve the cold chain supply chain of perishable food during transportation will drive demand for reefer trucks that can withstand more extreme temperatures.
• Increasing consumption of processed or frozen foods in more & more cities (with rising disposable incomes) besides a larger populace eating out at QSRs (Quick Service Restaurants) as well as rapid growth of organized retail or grocery chains.
What is the manufacturing capacity of reefer trucks, containers of Eicher? With the Government of India’s initiative of ‘Make in India’, do you have expansion plans for the manufacturing of reefer trucks?
Eicher is committed to bring in products and fully built applications of relevant modernization in respect of reefers in the commercial vehicle industry. In keeping with this, Reefer trucks for a variety of industry segments like fruits & vegetables, ice cream, meat, pharma, processed food, dairy products and fish are part of our product plan. The reefers are developed and manufactured following a process of co-creation with customers and body building specialists.
What government incentives and steps do you think are needed to improve cold chain transport in the country?
The government, both central and several state governments under the aegis of Ministry of Food Processing Industries have facilitated policies that encourages all stakeholders (farmers, processors & retailers) to come together and have addressed their key business drivers through capital investment subsidies for processing centers, reefer vehicles etc. A wider communication of this will help proliferation of reefer trucks.